Study in Austria. It’s good news! The Helmut Veith Stipend is currently available. The purpose of this article is to explain the Helmut Veith Stipend, its benefits, and how to apply.
The Helmut Veith Stipend for Females in Computer Science 2022 is a fully funded scholarship available to international students. The scholarship is for Masters studies. The scholarship covers EUR 6000 annually for a maximum of two years, and there are no tuition fees to pay at the TU Wien.
The scholarship honors the memory of an outstanding computer scientist who worked in the fields of computer-aided verification, logic in computer science, computer security, and software engineering. The late Helmut Veith, one of the strongest advocates and mentors of women in mathematics and computer science, passed away tragically in March 2016.
The recipients of funding must exhibit good progress during their studies and must live in Austria during their studies. Helmut Veith’s family and friends generously supported the Helmut Veith Stipend with generous donations and by providing support from the Wolfgang Pauli Institute at TU Wien.
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): TU Wien
- Study in: Austria
- Opportunity Focus Areas: See list below
- Program Period: 2 years
- Deadline: November 30, 2021 (annual)
- Master in Logic and Computation
- Master in Business Informatics
- Master in Computer Engineering (Technische Informatik)
- Master in Data Science
- Master in Media and Human-Centered Computing
The recipient of the Helmut Veith Stipend for Female in Computer Science will receive the following benefits:
- Tuition fees at TU Wien are waived.
- A maximum of EUR 6000 per year for up to two years.
Eligibility Criteria for Helmut Veith Stipend
The following requirements must be met in order to qualify for the Helmut Veith Stipend:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics (Bologna first cycle) or an equivalent degree
- The funding will only be given to applicants who have been unconditionally admitted to the master’s program.
- Applicants must be eligible for admission to one of the master’s programs in computer science at TU Wien that are taught in English.
- Knowledge of (at least one of) Helmut Veith’s research areas:
- Verification and Formal Methods.
- Computer science logic.
- Artificial Intelligence: Foundations.
- Security for computers.
- The complexity theory.
How to Apply for Helmut Veith Stipend 2022?
To receive the Helmut Veith Stipend for Women in Computer Science, please follow the instructions below:
The following documents are required:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter describing the type of funding the student is applying for and any other information the student deems relevant to the application
- Letter of Motivation, describing why the student wants to study in the program Logic and Computation, why funding is needed, and with which faculty groups the student would like to work during their master’s thesis and why.
- Certificates and/or diplomas (first degree, bachelor degree, or higher). If the final academic certificate is not yet available by the application deadline, a preliminary certificate (indicating the type of degree and the expected graduation date) from the degree-awarding university must be provided.
- The results of university examinations (transcripts)
- Details of two referees (for letters of recommendation)
- Passport copy
- Certificate of English proficiency (TOEFL or similar)
In the case of documents that are not in German or English, a certified translation must be provided. Please send your application electronically to [email protected] with the subject “Application” as a single PDF file. “Document.pdf” should be the name of the PDF file.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for step by the step Application process
Visit these official websites for more information about Helmut Veith Stipend for Female in Computer Science: