Study abroad if you want to pursue higher education. It’s good news! IIE-SRF Fellowships are currently available. This article will describe in detail the IIE-SRF Fellowship, its benefits, and the application process.
A fully funded scholarship for international students, the IIE-SRF Fellowship 2022 is available. The scholarship is available for doctoral research studies. The IIE-SRF Fellowship provides a grant of up to US$25,000 along with individual health insurance to support an academic appointment of up to one year.
The Baden-Württemberg Fund supports visiting research appointments at universities and other higher education institutions in Baden-Württemberg, where researchers can continue their work in the field of liberty and security. Teachers, scientists, and government intellectuals from any nation, academic area or discipline who face immediate and targeted threats to their life and/or careers in their home nations or countries of permanent residence are eligible.
Trustees of the Institute of International Education committed themselves in 2002 to making rescue scholars an ongoing part of the Institute’s mission, and Dr. Henry Jarecki, Dr. Henry Kaufman, and Mr. Thomas Russo established the IIE Scholar Rescue Fund (IIE-SRF). IIE has been committed to protecting endangered researchers and students since its founding in 1919. Throughout history, IIE has defended the right to liberty of thought and information, from the Bolshevik Revolution to the Hungarian Uprising.
- Level of Study: PhD (Doctoral)
- Institution(s): IIE-SRF
- Study in: Host Partners
- Courses Offered: Applicants from any discipline can apply to the fellowship
- Program Period: One to Two years
- Deadline: All year round (Open)
The IIE-SRF fellowship award covers:
- a grant of up to US$25,000
- individual health insurance
- An academic appointment of up to one year (renewable).
- This is determined by several factors, including location of host institution, cost of living, and amount of any additional contributions from host institution or other source(s).
Eligibility Criteria for IIE-SRF Fellowship
The following are the eligibility requirements for IIE-SRF Fellowships:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Scholars, senior researchers, and public intellectuals from any country, academic field, or discipline are eligible.
- We review applications based on academic qualifications, the quality/potential of the applicant’s work, and the severity of the threat faced by the applicant.
- Scholars are given preference if they:
- A Ph.D. or other highest degree in their field, or extensive teaching or research experience at a university, college, or other institution of higher learning;
- In their home countries or countries of residence, they face immediate, severe, and targeted threats to their lives and/or careers;
- Show superior academic achievement and promise;
- Their home and/or host academic communities will benefit.
How to Apply for IIE-SRF Fellowship?
To apply for an IIE-SRF fellowship, please follow these steps:
(No. 1). Candidates may apply directly or may have a third party submit their application materials on their behalf. Included in the application materials are:
- Application coversheet
- Statement of academic interest. Your academic and professional background and experience should be described in detail.
- CV or resume currently in use.
- Statement of purpose. Explain in detail why you are seeking support from IIE-SRF.
- A total of two (2) letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional colleagues who can speak to your research, publications, teaching, or other advanced academic experience.
- Reference letters from two (2) colleagues or others who are aware of the difficulties you have been facing as well as your professional background. If possible, please have your referees write their letters on official letterhead and send them directly to IIE-SRF at [email protected]
- Please provide a copy of your Ph.D. or higher degree
- Publications or writing samples of your latest work.
- An institution of higher learning that may be able to host your fellowship. It is not a requirement.
(2). All application materials should be submitted by email (preferred), fax, or mail.
(3). Please address letters to:
Scholarship Rescue Fund
Instituto de Educación Internacional
United Nations Plaza, 809
New York, New York 10017-3580
For more information about the IIE-SRF Fellowship, please visit the official website: