Students from around the world are welcome to apply for Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarships 2022 at the Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB) for academic year 2022-2023. Depending on the scope of the consultancy service, each Scholarship recipient receives a consultancy fee. Fees must not exceed EUR 10,000 for the entire duration of the Scholarship.
In a change to its Economic Analysis and Research Department, the Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB) has replaced the awards it used to give for economic research. The Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship 2022 was recently established. The scholarship enables outstanding researchers to contribute to the wide range of research activities at the OeNB’s Economic Analysis and Research Department by providing consultancy services.
Austrian and international experts with postdoctoral research experience in economy and finance are the target of the Scholarship program. In an environment of increased international research mobility, applicants should hold a position with an Austrian or foreign research institution and be interested in furthering their research horizons and personal research networks.
Details About Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): The Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB)
- Study in: Austria
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Economics and Finance
- Program Period: 3-6 months
- Deadline: October 31, 2021
- McGill University Scholarships 2022
- Chevening Scholarship 2022 | Application Process (Fully Funded)
- University of Tasmania Scholarship 2022 (Fully Funded)
The following benefits are provided by the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship:
- Depending on the scope of the consultancy service, each Scholarship recipient receives a consultancy fee. The fee must not Scholarship (net of VAT) shall not exceed EUR 10,000 for the entire period of the Scholarship. All claims of the scholarship recipient toward the OeNB will be satisfied by this fee.
- Consultancy fees will be increased by the applicable sales tax rate (currently 20%) if the services are subject to value-added tax.
Scholarship recipients are responsible for their own accommodation during the consultancy period. If possible, the OeNB will assist the recipient in finding accommodation in Vienna.
Eligibility Criteria for Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship
The following points should be considered when applying for the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- To be eligible, candidates must have completed a PhD or equivalent degree and published work and done scientific research in the fields described in the call for scholarship applications.
- No age limit applies to applicants of any nationality.
- Applications submitted by natural persons will be accepted. Under the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship program, it is not possible to apply for more than one scholarship.
- Applicants should be recognized experts with an established track record of economic research and well integrated into their research community.
- At the time of application and for the period covered by the Scholarship, applicants must provide proof of active employment with a research institution.
- Applicants who have received a Scholarship under the program are not eligible to reapply. Applications for renewal will not be accepted either.
- Scholarships are not available to employees of the European Central Bank or other central banks in the European System of Central Banks (ESCB).
To know more about the Scholarship click here.
How to Apply for Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship?
You can apply for the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship by following the steps below.
(1) Please provide the following documents and information:
- A letter of motivation, including a timeframe for the consultancy.
- A detailed proposal for consulting services
- Topics and activities of current research
- Curriculum vitae for academics
- An up-to-date list of publications (or an extract)
- The names of two references the OeNB may contact to obtain more information about the applicant.
- Evidence of basic income (employment contract with the applicant’s home institution) during the term of the Scholarship, i.e. during the consultancy period at OeNB.
- The written confirmation from the home institution that the Scholarship, i.e. the provision of consultancy services, has been approved
- Applicants are not in violation of their home institution’s employment contract.
(2) Each document must be compiled into one PDF file.
(3) Send the PDF file to [email protected]
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for step by the step Application process
Visit the official website for more information about the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship: