NHFDC Scholarship for Students with Disabilities – Apply & Win 1000 Per Month
When you are disabled and you are finding it hard to blend into society, you can apply for this scholarship program made available by an organization that works to make it easier for PWD candidates to get their education. The following information provides details about the eligibility criteria and the steps through which you will be able to apply for the NHFDC Scholarship opportunity without any difficulty.
NHFDC Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2021
The National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation has started an NHFDC Scholarship program for persons with disabilities and everyone who is eligible must apply for it before the last date to receive all of the benefits and continue their education. The scholarship application form is available on the official website of the organization that has initiated the scholarship.
Details About NHFDC Scholarship 2021
|Name||NHFDC Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2021|
|Published by||National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation|
NHFDC Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
If you wish to apply for the scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:-
- There will be financial assistance available to Indian students with at least 40% disabilities as defined under the Persons with Disabilities Act 1995.
- Post-matric/post-secondary technical and professional courses, including PhD and M.Phil, will be financially assisted. Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation, Multiple Disabilities, and Profound or Severe Hearing Impaired students, however, will be required to pass class VIII and will be awarded a scholarship for pursuing general, technical, vocational or professional courses.
- One student will receive the scholarship for taking only one course.
- A minimum of 45 (forty-five) percent marks for professional courses, and 40% for other courses, will be required for continuation and renewal of the award for next year.
- This Scheme is not intended for Post-Matric/Post Secondary Technical/Professional courses that last less than one year.
- Scholarship holders under this scheme cannot simultaneously hold any other scholarship or stipend. The student, if already awarded any scholarship/stipend, should exercise his/her option for choosing the scholarship that he/she wishes to avail and inform the awarding authority about that.
- From all sources, the beneficiary’s family income should not exceed Rs. 15,000/- per month. This includes the income of the beneficiary’s parents/guardians.
Benefits Of NHFDC Scholarship
Candidates for this scholarship will receive the following benefits:-
- Five hundred awards will be given annually through institutions where students are pursuing studies.
- The amount of scholarship will vary by course and will also depend on the availability of hostels or residential facilities at the institution.
- The course fee will also be reimbursed up to a maximum of Rs.10,000/- per student per year.
- In addition to students living in hostels/residential facilities provided by the institutions, those students will also be considered to be hostellers when they live in accommodation that has been hired at least by three students living together with a common mess arrangement. These students must provide a certificate in this regard, countersigned by the head of the institution, as well as a certificate from the owner of the house if they have rented the accommodation.
The following awards will be provided according to the category of the students:-
|Category||Male Students||Female Students|
|Students with orthopedic disability||58 Awards||58 Awards|
|Students with blindness or low vision||58 Awards||58 Awards|
|Students with hearing disability||58 Awards||58 Awards|
|Students with Cerebral palsy, Mental Retardation, Multiple Disabilities, Profound or Severe Hearing Impairment||76 Awards||76 Awards|
|Total||250 Awards||250 Awards|
The details of the awards according to the courses are given below in the following table:-
|Courses of Study||(Rs. Per month)|
|Rate of scholarship hostellers (Rs/month)||Day scholars (Rs/ month)|
|PhD. / M. Phil and post-graduate courses in Engineering, Indian and other systems of Medicine/ Agriculture/Veterinary/ Information Technology/ Biotechnology, Education Management / Architecture, Physiotherapy, Music and other professional degrees||1000||700|
|Diploma and certificate level professional courses||700||400|
|For students with cerebral palsy, mental retardation, multiple disabilities, and profound or severe hearing impairment, for pursuing general/professional/technical/vocat ional courses after class VIII||700||400|
The following documents must be submitted with the application form:
- Academic records (attested copies of certificates and mark sheets – matriculated students and above);
- Proof of family income, e.g. last income tax assessment notice
- A certified copy of the disability certificate
- Course fee receipt (if applicable) showing breakdown of each item duly paid during the academic session
- For accommodation that is hired by at least 3 students living together with a common mess arrangement, a hostel certificate or a house owner’s certificate is required.
Application Procedure NHFDC Scholarship
To apply for the recruitment you will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- Visit the official website of the scholarship by clicking on the link given here
- The scholarship details will appear on your screen.
- Make sure you read all the details carefully
- Now click on the option called Click To Register
- You will be taken to the registration page
- Register yourself successfully.
- Printed copies of the duly filled in scholarship application may be sent to the National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India), Red Cross Bhawan, Sector-12, Faridabad-121007 (Haryana).
- Telephone no. 2226910, 2287512, 2287513,
- E-mail- email@example.com