Study in Australia and start your adventure. Sydney Scholars Awards are currently accepting applications. In this article, we will explain in detail about this scholarship, its benefits, and how to apply.
Scholarships for international students are available through the Sydney Scholars Awards 2022. Scholarships are available for undergraduate studies at University of Sydney, Australia. Sydney Scholars Awards are valued at $6,000 and are good for one year of undergraduate study.
USydIS aims to attract international postgraduate students to conduct research that will enhance the University’s research activities.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): University of Sydney
- Study in: Australia
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Click here to find all the available programs.
- Program Period: One year
- Deadline: September 30, 2021
Sydney Scholars Awards are valued at $6,000 and are good for one year of undergraduate study.
Scholarships will be paid in two equal installments after the census date for each semester.
The Scholarship can be deferred for up to two years. Scholarships may not be transferred without the permission of the Scholarships Office.
The Scholarship can be transferred to another undergraduate degree at the University of Sydney. Scholarships must be transferred with the approval of the Scholarships Office.
Eligibility Criteria for Sydney Scholars Awards
Candidates must meet all of the following requirements in order to be eligible for Sydney Scholars Awards:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- The student must be a domestic student (including a New Zealand citizen) or an international student who has recently completed the International Baccalaureate (or an equivalent educational award)
- Apply for admission through UAC
- You must have an ATAR of 95 or higher (if you are applying to the Sydney Conservatorium of Music or Sydney Dental School, you must have an ATAR of 90 or higher)
- Applicants should apply in the year that they complete their secondary education (if offered a Sydney Scholars Award, they may defer it for up to two years).
How to Apply for Sydney Scholars Awards ?
Application instructions for Sydney Scholars Awards are as follows:
(1) Research: The Sydney Scholars Awards offer scholarships worth $6,000 per year to Year 12 students or students of equivalent standing who will begin their studies in 2022. (for domestic and international students who have finished high school in Australia) and tenable for one year. Scholarships will be awarded to students with an ATAR between 95 and 99.85 (inclusive) or equivalent in conjunction with a personal statement. You must list the University of Sydney as one of your preferences throughout the application period, i.e. from April 2021 to January 2022. We cannot access your preferences if you do not include one of our courses your ATAR, and will not be able to offer you a Awarding scholarships. Scholarships will be awarded to successful applicants enrolled in any undergraduate degree offered by the University of Sydney.
Domestic students – Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens or holders of permanent visas.
(2) Seek advice: Talk to your parents and school about your application and seek their advice. Please let them know your scholarship choices and check if you meet the criteria. When writing your personal statement, you should also seek advice from your teachers and parents. Make the most of the people around you who know you well.
(3) Get involved: At The University of Sydney, we look for students who demonstrate leadership skills, as well as involvement in school, community, and extracurricular activities. Keep track of your involvement and let us know what you have been up to. Along with the Sydney Scholars Awards, you may also be considered for various faculty-specific scholarships, many of which also consider your leadership skills and extracurricular involvement. For more information please visit here.
(4) Additional considerations: If you would like to apply on hardship grounds or for one of our equity scholarships, please do some research online beforehand. In order to be considered, you need to submit a Sydney Scholars Award application to the University of Sydney, and an Equity Scholarship application through UAC.
(5) Personal Statement: If you wish to support your application, you should provide a Personal Statement. Your Personal Statement is your introduction to the University, a chance for us to get to know you, and an indication of your goals and achievements. You should save your personal statement as a separate document that you can then copy and paste into the web form. There are six questions in the Personal Statement, please note that each answer is limited to 1000 characters.
(6) Submit: Once you are finished completing your application, it is time to submit. You can revise your application if you wish! Please resubmit a revised application. After the deadline, no changes or applications can be submitted the Date of closing. Your most recent application will be used as your final submission. When your application has been successfully submitted, you will receive a confirmation email.
Visit the official website for more information about Sydney Scholars Awards: