University of Tokyo Scholarships in Japan 2022 are now being accepted. Applications are now being accepted by the University of Tokyo for Masters and Doctoral programs supported by the MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship. To apply for this Japanese Government Scholarship, no application fee is required. The University of Tokyo is ranked 1st in Japan.
If you have studied at an English Language Institute previously, there is no need to take language tests such as IELTS or TOEFL. A Master’s degree lasts for two years and a doctoral degree lasts for three years. Accommodation, Food, Visa, and Tuition fees are all fully funded by MEXT.
Almost 298,000 international students are currently studying in Japan and there are 780 universities. Japan is among the top 10 study destinations. The University of Tokyo offers a wide range of academic programs. We offer high educational standards, a safe, peaceful environment, low tuition fees, and generous scholarships. Also See:Study in Japan Without IELTS | Japanese Scholarships
The University of Tokyo Scholarship in Japan 2022 Details
- Country: Japan
- University: University of Tokyo
- Course Level: Masters & Doctoral (Ph.D.)
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 29th October 2021
Duration of the MEXT Scholarship
- Master’s Program: October 2022 – September 2024 (2 Years)
- Doctoral Program: October 2022 – September 2025 (3 Years)
Available Fields & Majors
Under the MEXT Scholarship, you can study at the University of Tokyo in the following fields.
- Earth and Planetary Science
- Biological Sciences
The MEXT University Recommendation Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship available to international students and covers most of the student’s expenses.
- Allowance: 144,000 Yen/month (for a Master’s student). The cost of living for a doctoral student is 145,000 Yen/month.
- An additional Monthly Stipend of 2,000 or 3,000 Yen may be added to those students studying or conducting research in certain designated regions of Japan.
- Tuition Fee: Enrollment and tuition fees will be waived.
- Traveling Cost: Round-trip air tickets from/to Japan will be provided.
Basic eligibility criteria exist for the University of Tokyo Scholarship in Japan 2022.
- Students from any country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- The applicant must have been born on or after April 2, 1985.
- You must apply for the field of study that you studied at your previous university or a related field.
- NO Need of Language Test
- A score equivalent to B2 or higher on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) scale (e.g. TOEFL iBT 72 or above, IELTS 5.5 or above).
- Completed an educational program with English as the primary language of instruction that meets the entrance requirements for the Master’s Program or Doctoral Program at the Graduate School of Science, University of Tokyo.
- Passed the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) with a score of N2 or higher.
- Has completed an educational program whose primary language of instruction is Japanese that meets the entry requirements for the Master’s Program or Doctoral Program at the Graduate School of Science, University of Tokyo.
How to Apply
Apply for the University of Tokyo Scholarship. Here are the application guidelines. To Apply, Please Visit the Official Website of the University of Tokyo.