China’s Yenching Academy Scholarship program 2022 invites graduates from all over the world to continue their master’s degree program on a fully-funded scholarship. Chinese scholars with an excellent academic record and a good extracurricular record are highly welcomed in this scholarship program. In addition, the best scholarships for national and international students do not have any restrictions on previous study. Every student with a deep interest in China’s interdisciplinary studies has the chance to apply for the Yenching Academy of Peking University grant.
The Yenching scholarship allows almost 120 students to attend Yenching Academy. This top scholarship in Asia is awarded to students both from the Chinese Mainland and abroad. Scholarships at Peking University allow students from all over the world to study in China for free. This is evident from the fact that 80% of the students at Yenching Academy are international students. There are almost 30-35% of students from Europe, 25-30% from the U.S. and Canada, and 30-35% from the rest of the world. The Yenching fellowship gives students the opportunity to broaden their vision through interaction with students of different nationalities.
Fellows of the Yenching Academy of Peking University gain a detailed understanding of Chinese culture and study. Yenching scholars can also choose the area of research according to their interests. Scholars can choose from six different research areas at Yenching Academy, however. Economic and management research, history and archeology, philosophy and religion, law and society, politics and international relations, and literature and culture are some of the areas of research performed. Yenching Academy’s fully-funded master’s scholarship program facilitates all fellows with thesis advisors. Thus, the scholars get excellence in China-related studies.
For many reasons, Yenching Academy is the best study destination for national and international students. In addition to the fully-funded grant, the Academy offers its fellows career advising services, internships, and volunteer work in their second academic year. The Yenching graduates are always seen at prestigious institutions like Cambridge, Oxford, Harvard, Yale, Duke University of Chicago, Georgetown University, Peking University, and more. In addition, the graduates are also employed in key positions in world-class organizations or in public-private partnerships. The young alumni are employed by UNESCO, UNDP, European Commission, British Embassy in Beijing, the Clingendael Netherlands. Institute of International Relations, Google, Huwai, Xiaomi, Panasonic, HNA Group, Bank of Korea, Chinese Ministry of Commerce, Singapore Police Force, Administrative Court of Switzerland, or name of any place of the world.
Yenching Academy Scholarship in China 2022:
Host Country: China
Host University: Yenching Academy
Degree Level: Master’s Degree Program
Program Duration: The duration of the Yenching Academy China Scholarship is 2 years.
- Economics and Management
- History and Archaeology
- Law and Society
- Literature and Culture
- Philosophy and Religion
- Politics and International Relations
Yenching Academy Scholarship:
- The fellowship covers the full cost of tuition.
- Fellows will be accommodated at the Yenching Academy. Two people of the same gender will share a bathroom in a two-bed suite.
- Medical insurance will be provided to the fellow.
- A monthly stipend will be provided.
- A round-trip travel allowance will be provided.
- The benefits are for the first year only. Fellows must maintain their academic standing in order to continue to benefit from the fellowship.
Eligibility Criteria of Yenching Academy Scholarship 2022:
- Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree or be enrolled in a degree program.
- The applicant must be between the ages of 23 and 28.
- Graduation must be completed by 31st August 2022.
- A student must have an excellent academic record.
- The applicant must be proficient in English and must provide certified proof.
- During the master’s program, candidates must be able to live in Beijing.
- Students from Mainland China must be able to stay in Beijing for the entire two-year period. International students can, however, continue these at home with the permission of their advisors.
- TOEFL and IELTS results from before September 1, 2020, will not be accepted.
- The Yenching Academy does not accept TOEFL MyBest scores or TOFEL IBT Special Home Edition scores.
- Since Chinese language courses are required for international students, there is no requirement for Chinese language knowledge.
- Both men and women can apply.
How to Apply for the Yenching Academy Peking Scholarship?
- Candidates must apply through the admission portal.
- Candidates must create an account on the portal.
- We accept English Proficiency Certificates from organizations that send them directly to the academy. The candidates must designate “Yenching Academy of Peking University” as the designated recipient of their scorecards.
- Be sure to provide all the relevant documents and personal information.
Required Documents for Yenching Academy Master’s Scholarship:
- Completed online application form;
- Personal statement
- Research proposal
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official transcript
- Diploma or Certificate of Enrollment;
- Letter of recommendation (two)
- English Proficiency Test Certificate.
- The application deadline for the Yenching Academy Scholarship 2022 in China is December 3, 2021.